Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The perfect combination?? Not so fast ...

I love infomercials. I want to buy just about every single thing I see on an infomercial. I don't, but I want to. Snuggies, Side Sockets, Ginsu Knifes .. I watch the miracles they perform on the screen and I just want to call up on operator and have them shipped to me house for the low, low price of ... well you know ...

I will say that I have purchased a few infomercial gadgets - with varying degrees of success. The Magic Bullet worked for a bit, the Ab Roller works great (as long as you actually USE it), and the Space Bags were a total bust.

I still get drawn in to the magic that is the infomercial and as much as I know that they can't possibly work as well as they claim, I just want to try it out for myself to make sure. (And drop $40-$200) in the process.

Now along with infomercials I also love bacon - I am an American after all. I love it on just about anything you can put it on -burgers, sandwiches, salads, soups, of course on its own. It is delicious, it is wonderful and I love it.


the office (1614) Animated Gif on Giphy

So ... when an infomercial about bacon came along you would think I would be in hog heaven (pun intended). You would think I would be the first caller to order not one, not two, but FOUR Perfect Bacon Bowls for the low, low price of just ten dollars. You would think, but ...

Not so fast ...

While I do love bacon, I am not sure that a bowl made out of it is really necessary in this world. I mean really? Is bacon really meant to be a carrying devise for other foods? (Of course this is America, so is half of what we sell out there really necessary? There's a little Coffee Talk question for ya. Discuss ... )

I get the bread bowl, the tortilla bowl, even a large pieces of lettuce for holding food (it has a curvaceous shape). But bacon? I think we are stretching the limits of this wonderful super food. (Although not technically a "super food," bacon is a SUPER food). Adkins dieters are happy know doubt with this invention. They can once again eat a BLT. But even that option has me shaking my head in doubt. Bacon has it's place, it's delicious, delicious place. But I do not think it's as a bowl.

So go ahead call me a anti-bacon-ite, rescind my bacon fan club membership. I understand. I do. It doesn't make much sense to me either. I feel like I really should like this - but I just can't get on board.

That doesn't mean if you put one in front of me I wouldn't eat it ...

Don't leave just yet!! Click the Top Mommy Blog banner and the top and vote for me! I really appreciate it - and bacon does too!

No comments:

Post a Comment