Thursday, February 13, 2014

I feel like I should write SOMETHING ... but WHAT?

Not feeling all that humorous or wordy today. Not quite sure why. It is actually getting warmer here (for the first time in like, forever. I'm not exaggerating either ... it has been FOREVER). The sun is shining (kinda). It's Thursday which is close to the weekend - all that jazz.

Maybe it's because I have two kids home sick. Well kinda sick. It's that weird sick where they perk up and are great one minute and looking completely pathetic the next. Not a lot of symptoms, but one or two that keep them home from school. Had to make a trip to the doctor. You know, sick ... but not miserable.

I know I am like EVERY other parent out there who feels totally horrible and helpless when their kid is sick. You wish you could just take it away, but you can't so you do the only things you know how - pamper them continuously until they are no longer able to even bring a cup to their lips without your help. (Fast forward three days later when they are all better and wanting the same treatment and all they get is a hearty laugh.)

"Sure you can eat in the living room, sure you can watch whatever you like on TV. You spilled grape juice all over the white couch? Oh, no problem, it's my fault for not bringing the cup to your mouth." (OK, I'm exaggerating here. I would NEVER own a white couch with three kids!)

With every little sound they make you check and double check to make sure they are OK. Any other day a loud thud or smack would only elicit further investigation of there was non-stop crying or bloodshed.

But when my kids look up at me with that pathetic "sick" look in their eyes, I am putty in their hands.

However, we have been sick so much this winter I am starting to feel like that crusted over piece of Play Doh you find on the floor three days later ...

May spring get its little tuckus here quick and bring us all better moods and better health. At least to my family anyway ...

If you weren't too grossed out by my dried Play Doh reference please click the Top Mommy Blog button at the top and vote for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment