Thursday, April 3, 2014

And then there was one

Kids are with grandparents for a two night sleepover. The hubs is at work. I have the WHOLE HOUSE to myself.


Anchorman Movies animated GIF


I love my kids, I do, but it was so nice to be able to get through an entire bowl of cereal this morning without being interrupted. I actually made it to the bottom of the bowl with out my Raisin Bran being a soggy mess. (Yes Raisin Bran, I am a boring mom, what can I say?)

So what to do, what to do? Well, two lists come to mind: the things I should be doing and the things I want to be doing. Very different lists you see.

The "should" to do list has things like:
Laundry
Dishes
Vacuuming
Cleaning closets

And the like.

The "want" to do list has things like:
Nothing
Watching a movie
Shopping
Reading a book

(And if I am being honest I should probably put reading a book on the "should do" list. The book I am supposed to be reading for book club is not very interesting. I hope it get better. I have the movie on stay-by just in case.)

Though basically everything on the "want to " list is trumped by doing nothing. Ahh, sweet nothing! Just sitting back in my favorite over-sized chair, feet up on the ottoman, eyes closed. Stillness, silence - sweet silence. I love my children, but they are very loud (unfortunately they get it from me) and always competing to be heard over the others. So a few moments of blissful, peaceful silence have become very valuable to me. I usually end up fall asleep, but sleep is also very valuable to me.

So what to do? Should do, what to do ... Should do, what to do ...

The responsible "mom" in me feels obligated to do at least a few things on the "should do" list, but the lazy part of me only wants to exert as much energy as is takes to change the channel.

I guess we'll see if anything gets checked off either list by tomorrow afternoon when I pick the kids up and the volume increases dramatically in our house.

At least I can check "write blog" off the list.

Wait a minute that wasn't on a list ... bullocks!

If you "want" to make me very happy you "should" scroll to the top and click on the Top Mommy icon to vote for my little blog that could. Many thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment