Thursday, April 24, 2014

Is it nap time yet?

I. Am. Tired.

It's not just should-have-gone-to-bed-earlier tired (although I probably should have). It's not need-another-cup-of-coffee tired either (but I wouldn't say no to one). It's not even the I've-been-up-all-night-with-a-crying-baby tired. This is a different kind of tired. I am tired in my bones.

Dwarves Lazy animated GIF

I am so tired I almost fell asleep in my car sorting coupons in the grocery store parking lot yesterday morning. I think I would have if my youngest hadn't been in the car with me whining "Moooommmmy, get me out of the car!"

I know that just about everybody is tired all the time and I that I am not unique or special in feeling this way. But these last few days of feeling uttering exhausted as made me realize one thing: I am getting old.

I will turn 35 in about three weeks and while I know that does not make me old - gotta wait until 40 for that -  I know I am not as spry as I used to be. (Wink wink to my hubby is will be turning a number I won't mention in a few weeks. Suffice to say, he will now be old!)

I'm not old, but I am getting there. The idea of staying out until after midnight - or even midnight for that matter makes me tired and requires me to drink a large amount of coffee at about 7 p.m. to actually be able to do it. I can barely stay awake enough to watch he ball drop on New Year's Eve.

I'm not sure if that makes me old or just pathetic ...

I don't have any problem with aging, I really don't. I had a lot of fun in my twenties (along with some questionable hairstyle choices) but I feel like my 30s have been the decade where I have been the most comfortable with myself. So turning 35 and then 36 and so on does not bother me or scare me or depress me. I am not a bit worried that the BIG 4-0 is just fives years away. (Although ask me that again in four years and 11 months.)

Age doesn't bother me. Being this tired does, however. Because this isn't the tired you say you are but deep down you know you really aren't. (Be honest, we all have done it.) This is just plain worn out tired, worn down to a nub tired, I-could-fall-asleep-as-soon-as-my-hiney-hits-a-chair tired.

As life gets more busy and more hectic I am sure I will only get more tired, but by then I will be so used to being this tired that I should be able to handle it. Right now, however, I can't so I am just going to whine about it.

Go with your strengths, Sarah ...

Zzzzzzzzzzzz ...


No comments:

Post a Comment