Thursday, May 8, 2014

I should write a clever title here - but instead I think I'll look at Pintrest ...

While I should be cleaning the bathroom right now (a task I loathe) instead I am procrastinating and writing a post - and in the process giving you something to read and helping you procrastinate from whatever task you don't want to do.

You're welcome.

Ah procrastination ... you lovely evil little minion ...

You are my Achilles heel and my comfy elastic pants I slip into an the end of a long day.

You force me to get things done much quicker than I ever realized I could and 75 percent of the time you help me to produce my best work. (The other 25 percent of the time? Well, we won't talk about that - the work is finished and isn't that an accomplishment in itself?)

Because there are other important things that need to be done. That repeat of Gilmore Girls isn't just going to watch itself, that You Tube video clip from last night's Daily Show looks really important and it's Throwback Thursday so I HAVE to search all my old photos to find one to post on Facebook. Because how else is everyone going to see me in my GIGANTIC purple glasses, huh? This is important stuff I am doing here.

Plus I just really really really don't want to clean the bathroom. I would pretty much rather do anything else.

I predict the house will be vacuumed and dusted before I tackle the bathroom. I'm sure there will be multiple logins to Facebook, email checks and other various Internet searches in there too ...

I'm am even procrastinating ending this post so I don't have to get off my duff and do anything at all. I don't really have anything else to say but I really don't want to do any work right now so I am just going to keep typing and typing. How are all of you doing? Enjoying your day so far? Sleep well last night? I stayed up too late watching the Tigers win but they did so that's good ...

Well I could keep going on and on and on (and on and on) but a cute little three-year-old just requested (well demanded first) a snack and as any parent know procrastination and three-year-olds don't mix ...

At least it keeps me from cleaning the bathroom ...

Want to procrastinate a few more minutes? Click on the Top Mommy logo at the top of the page and vote for me! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment