Monday, March 3, 2014

Return of the sweatercoat

How do you like the wonderful logo my husband and daughter made for me?


Isn't it awesome! I love it! Thank you guys!

So now it's March and it still feels like January. And I am sick of it.

I have always been one of those people who is perpetually cold. I'm cold when it's 70 degrees out. It's weird, I know, but that is just how I am - goose-bump prone. But all this stupid cold weather is making it ten times worse. I am always cold. I come home, take off scarf, mittens, coat and boats and put on a sweater coat or sweatshirt jacket and slippers.

It doesn't matter what I wearing either. I could already be wearing a sweater and the sweater coat is still going on. I look ridiculous, but it is that bleepity bleepin' cold where I live and that's how bleepity bleepin' cold I am. ALL. THE. TIME.

When you have to wear a long-sleeved t-shirt under your hooded sweatshirt and you still cover up with a blanket when you sit on your duff and watch home improvement shows, you know it's cold.

I do love living in Michigan. I do. It's just this year has been so horrible, so cold, so full of snow that I have reached the end of my sweater thread. Get warmer already! I want to see grass on the ground again. I want to to drive with the window down. I want to not have to bundle up to walk down the driveway to get the mail ...

I saw this on my drive home this weekend and it about sums up how I (and the majority of my state) feels:



I know it's gotten bad because I am looking forward to spring and I don't really love it all that much.. Sure the trees are budding and it's getting warmer and all, but with it also comes a whole lot of sogginess. Sogginess and large piles of black snow. Yuck.

Geesh Sarah, nothing seems to make you happy. You complain about winter and then you complain about spring. Will anything make you happy?

Yes, as a matter of fact. A trip to a warm beach will do the trick quite nicely. I am so sick of the snow I would even get over my uneasiness about planes and hop on one to get away from this white stuff.

Just need to win the lottery to do it. Guess that means I should start PLAYING the lottery ...

I see it's supposed to be close to 30 by the end of the week. Sounds like a heat wave ...

Want to make me feel all warm and cozy? Click on the Top Mommy Blog at the top of the page (I changed it a little to read I'm Funny - I was feeling optimistic) to vote for me. A click is all you need to do. Thanks! I am feeling warmer already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment